Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quinn { Birth Story}

My Dearest Sweet Quinn,
You are the beginning of such an amazing journey for us. 
We prayed for you for so long. 
I have always known the Lords purpose for me was to be a mom, I could feel it in my heart and with all of my being. 
However, it wasn't the easiest journey getting pregnant. 
I was terrified of not being blessed with you. 
After a lot of testing, and only one round of fertility medicine we were blessed with the greatest gift. 
 
{YOU}


You took me down a wonderful  journey. 
Down a road that I was anxious, nervous, scared,  worried, yet excited - all rolled into one emotion.
A place that I did handle, with a breeze might I add. 
You took me to the most amazing moment of my life.
A place where time stood still as you and I locked eyes for the first time.

And here is your sweet story:

On Monday 3/4 I went to the doctor. When she checked to see if I was dilated she said I was a 2 almost a 3, and I was very thin and stretching, She didn’t think I would make it to your due date. That night we did our bump diary, and kicked it in gear cleaning the house. We went to bed early, because I was going to wake up early and go to work on Tuesday to help give an assessment to my kinder kids.

Tuesday 3/5/13
3:00 am I woke up with what I thought was a stomachache. No contractions just what felt like stomach pain. I couldn’t sleep, and had a feeling you would be joining us today so I started doing laundry, and your daddy thought I was crazy.

4:00 am Contractions started about 20 minutes apart. I decided to take a shower. I got out, and the contractions started getting closer. I had your daddy start to write them down.

6:00 am The contractions were about 8 minutes apart. I turn around, and your dad is getting dressed for work. I told him no way, you were coming soon. I was so scared to think I was close, and be told to go home. So I went downstairs and laid on the couch. Contractions got 4-5 minutes apart, and by 6:40 am I told your dad we needed to go.

We were at the hospital by 7, and the first nurse I felt like she didn’t think I was ready, but sent me to triage. I got in the room, hooked up, and was dilated to 6. As we walked out to get admitted to our room, the nurses all laughed and apologized that they had no idea I was already that far. They raved about how small I looked and said they didn't realize I was 39 weeks. They said I was pretty calm, and they said I didn’t look big enough to be ready yet {I liked them for that one!}. They also RAVED about our cute diaper bag and my hospital gown. 

My nurse joked around to just to pageant walk down the hallway because we were talk of the day.

We got to the room, we did all the paper work, blood work, got all the fun stuff poked in me and checked to see where I was at and I was now dilated to an 8.  They then they immediately gave me my epidural and broke my water. 

{One of my biggest fears going into this whole process was the epidural. It was cake. Barely felt a thing! }


They said first time moms could take a while, and my doctor left to the other hospital to delivery another baby.









The contractions went away for a while, but then I could feel them, and they got pretty intense. I felt like I just wanted to push so badly but my doctor wasn’t back yet.  My epidural machine was broken, I can’t even tell you how many machines we went through. Everyone I know said they saw their anesthesiologist once, I saw mine all morning long. There were times that I could feel a lot, and at one point my nurse asked my mom and Dustin to lift my legs to change my position, and I laughed and moved them myself. She responded with “ ohh my gosh she can move them on her own, get the anesthesiologist back in here!” The reason I had to change to my side was because with each contraction your heart rate dropped a little, so I had to lay on my side and have oxygen hooked up to me. 
Around 10:00 am my nurse kept calling the doctor saying we were progressing much faster then expected. She called the doctor and I heard her say I was at a 10 plus 2 and she needed to get here now. Made me not feel so crazy because I knew you were going to be here soon. 

  I could feel you, you were ready, and I was ready.

The contractions got intense, and our amazing photographer Lacey came to me and gave me the greatest advice
Go to your happy place
Breathe in and out
Relax
Don'te tense up. Don't clinch. 
Breathe short breathes through the contractions and breathe it all out when its over. 
This saved me. Cut the pain in half. 
{ this advice I always want to remember}




Finally at 11:00 am my nurse said that the doctor was almost here and we needed to start. She kept saying over and over how quick we were moving, especially because I was a first time mom. I was relived because I had been ready for a while now.






I went through a set of contractions and pushing, and then Doctor Miller walked in. She looked at me and apologized and said most people don’t move as quickly as we were. We went through about 6 more rounds of contractions, three ten second pushes each. On the last round I had set in my mind that you were going to come on this one. 

This was my last push. 
I was determined. 
I felt like I went in a total zone. 
I couldn’t hear, or see, or feel anything. 

I just thought of you and our journey together so far. 


Then I felt your daddy tapped my upper leg, telling me to stop, then I could hear Dr. Miller yell stop, then your dad kind of laugh and say “or don’t”.  
 Apparently, your head was out so I didn’t have to forcefully push anymore, but I didn’t hear those directions, and at 11:28 am you shot out pretty quickly.

  
































 
This entire time your daddy was by my side. Your grandma Baughman was on my other.
 Pushing me. Guiding me. Encouraging me.
 
Your Daddy is not one to show emotions. After I looked at you, I looked at him, and saw him memorized by you with the biggest smile on his face, and tears in his eyes. It’s a moment I will never, ever forget.



Little  Miss Quinn,
We prayed for you for a very long time. You are an answered prayer. Never forget that. The Lord has a plan and purpose for everyone and we can’t wait to see what His plan for you is. We are so excited for our journey together. Always remember through the laughter, the tears, the good times, and the difficult times, how much we love you. Our prayer is that you become a happy, healthy, kind, caring, confident little lady who trusts in the Lord with all your heart.   
We Love You! 
Welcome to the world little lady, it's been waiting for you!
Love, 
              Mommy                



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful birth story!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I love how well and sweet it all went! Way to go lady! Quinn is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MELT MY HEART!!! This might be the most beautifully written birth story I've ever read....mean it!!! Thank you for sharing. That beautiful Miss Quinn sure is lucky to have you guys as parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful entrance!! You looked great through the whole thing!! Great job mama!! Quinn is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful story... One you'll never forget. It's amazing, isn't it? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for showing some love! I will try my hardest to comment back, or at least leave some love on your page. God Bless!