Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How the name Quinn came about

  

How did the name Quinn Marie come about?

Well , you see, we have both always loved the name Quinn. We loved it since Quinn James character was introduced on One Tree Hill { lame I know} but we always thought it’s a unique and different name.

We also had the name Elianna Grace as a name, I loved the name Elle, but Dusty felt it wasn’t “complete” so our compromise was Elianna. Elianna also means answered prayer.

{ side note: being a teacher you need to not like names because of students, not that they were bad, or anything, you just associate with that child. There was a Eliana in kinder last year, and I just felt it wasn’t as original anymore}

We were stuck. But After going back and forth Quinn just felt right.

We chose Marie because it is a girl, we will have 5 generations of Maries

Here is us a few years ago:



Alice Marie, Donna Marie, Denelle Marie, Brittney Marie, and now

Quinn Marie


On a funny note, we had decided on Quinn if it was a girl before the school year started. On the first day of school, who walks in my room?

A little adorable, precious girl named QUINN.

That night I went on and on stressed out about two kids who had a really rough day, I was emotional and stressed and after dusty patiently waited I hear:

“ sooooo how was Quinn’s day?”



He was in high hopes she didn’t ruin the name for me. And she didn’t, she is an absolute joy! 

I was bummed when someone said there is a Quinn on glee, I don't really watch it but oh well! haha! I didn't even think about that. I even heard " Quinn Fabray sounds like Quinn Marie! "
Ohh well. Hopefully everyone doesn't think that! hahah! 

{ ps. since that first day of school one of the kids is no longer at our school, and I have made so much growth with the other, I am no longer coming home upset lol! }







post signaturepost signature

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the name!!!

    Doesn't it stink that kids can ruin names for you?? We have a girl name, but cannot come up with anything for a boy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for showing some love! I will try my hardest to comment back, or at least leave some love on your page. God Bless!